Well, 2010 was a heck of a year. It’s been one of those years when it’s easy to say that everything changed. For the good or the bad, things happened that are going to make 2011 work hard to top.
- We got a book contract and actually finished a manuscript.
- Our son turned 16. I miss my baby. We decided to homeschool for his last two years.
- We both made major career decisions that let us spend all day together everyday.
- We managed to have articles published all summer, and had things of ours show up in places that aren’t in our own backyard.
- We went through some really rough things as a family and still like each other (mostly). We even learned to be better about helping each other through it all (sometimes). No one murdered anyone (yet).
- Our house gained a cat and a dog.
- We got things that we’d wanted for a long time (not including the cat and the dog).
- We realized just how hard it is to be frugal.
- We got a little more political about food.
- We had some truly incredible experiences: pulling meat from 42 cow heads, finding food all over the South that we would have missed if we hadn’t been looking, making food that people who know about food liked to eat.
- And best of all, we made some great new friends even though we are still missing some old ones who have moved too far away.
So, here’s to 2011. There’s so much more waiting around the corner.
From all of our house to all of yours, happy new year!