- 8 peaches
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (yes, I know that's cheating - you can make your own if you're a better person than me)
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 egg + 3 yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/2 cup milk
- Pit and slice peaches into uniform slices. Layer with cinnamon sticks and coat with vanilla extract. Add sugar if desired. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours to allow flavors to combine.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Unroll pie crust and press into tart pan. Prick bottom with fork and bake for 10 minutes.
- Coat pie crust with raspberry jam.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg and yolks, sugar, flour, and vanilla paste. Whisk in milk gradually.
- Pour custard mixture into crust. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Allow tart to cool for at least 20 minutes. Top with peaches in overlapping concentric circles.
- Serve with whipped cream, preferably homemade.