Mitch from More Deliberate Every Day tagged us to participate in a meme. If you’re stuck for something to write or stuck in a rut, a meme just might turn on a light bulb for you. These blog chain letters are really interesting to me, though, because you get to see who else was tagged when you were. I’m sure there is some psychological study tracing the viral spread of these things.
That is so beside the point though. Today is a big day for the Squirrels, so it’s a good day for this meme. Now, here’s the rules:
Each person tagged gives seven random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write on their blog seven facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and need to read your blog.
Now here’s the things:
- Mama Squirrel and I were married at the National Ornamental Metal Museum overlooking the river under the gazebo on a beautiful afternoon two years ago today.
- Our wedding reception was at Germantown Commissary. In lieu of wedding cake, we had lemon icebox and coconut cream pies.
- Continuing the theme (both themes), I proposed to Mama at The Cottage on Summer.
- When I was in college at Memphis State, I was the arts and entertainment editor at the Daily Helmsman. I have looked for excuses to eat for years.
- I was painfully thin throughout high school and much of college. Six feet tall and about 125 pounds when I graduated high school. That kind of metabolism gives you really bad habits. That kind of metabolism doesn’t last.
- Even though Mama and I both work in technology, we were both liberal arts majors in college. I majored in Spanish; Mama majored in English.
- Squirrelly, Jr. doesn’t like sweet chocolate. (What’s wrong with that boy?)
Now, to spread the joy of meme (I mean, you’ve already got the joy of me.), I get to tag some folks. I will share this joy with my Memphis foodie cohorts, Benito, Macrae, Collin, and La. If they’ve done this before, they’ll just ignore me. If they haven’t done this, well, they’ll probably still ignore me, but we’ll see.
I’m also gonna throw in Sorta Sister Squirrel. Her blog is offline for now, but we’ll be glad to host her replies. Those should be some interesting things.