- 1 lb vension steak, cut into small cubes
- 1 can chili beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ancho chile
- chipotle chile
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- Add oil to hot large pot and sear venison over medium-high heat in small batches, sprinkling each batch with salt and pepper as it cooks.
- Using oil and meat drippings in pot, saute onions until translucent.
- Add tomato paste and beans with their juices. Stir until well combined with onions. Add water if needed, but chili should be thick.
- Reincorporate meat into mixture.
- Add seasoning to taste.
- When chili is bubbling throughout, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Working in batches, pulse chili in food processor until beans are mashed and meat is shredded.
- Serve with tamales, hot dogs, chips, or eat on its own.